Why do I have to provide tax information?

Last updated 5 months ago

In order to generate correct income statements, Steady requires your tax number, your name (or company name) and address. A tax number is required to ensure proper accounting. 

For tax purposes, the credit note is comparable to an invoice from you to Steady for the amount paid out.  Like every invoice, these credit notes have some legal requirements. 

Tax number: Please enter either your VAT ID or your regular tax ID under which you tax freelance or commercial income. If you have any questions, please contact your tax advisor. 

For USA creators who are individuals/persons: the tax ID is your social security number.
For USA creators who are corporations, partnerships, LLC or other type of entity, the tax ID is your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEID).

VAT rate: Publishers who aren't German residents are not required to enter their VAT rate. In these cases we settle accounts using the reverse-charge procedure. 

You don't need to enter your tax number to launch your campaign, but please provide it within a month of launching so we can process your first payout.